View Profile Schulles

All 18 Game Reviews

2 w/ Responses

Liked the idea and execution was not terrible but it was too hard to dodge the cars, even when not texting. At least it was until I just stay exactly between two lanes and focused completely on texting :'D Also the hitboxes were weird and steering felt awkward, again the controls just make it too hard, even without texting.

Controls are so awkward: for example why not put jumping on up? And when I talked to the developer the dialog-continue-button seemed to change just after I had succesfully figured that one out earlier.. The little art there is doesn't really fit together either. Fighting felt pretty neat though and I see some potential here.

olivecrow responds:

Thank you for your feedback! It's the game based on mobile, so I made the jump and the move pressed with different hands. But on keyboard, using up to jump would be better. I'm going to make a setup for jumping with the Up soon, but it'll take some time because updates that can be applied to mobile versions are a priority.

The gameplay and the graphics are perfect. I really liked the whole idea!

The fact that when you held the spacebar the guy would jump a second time automatically when hitting the ground again was a bit annoying.
Unfortunately the music was recorded very poorly, the guitars sounded out of tune and the cajon had a terrible timing, but that's just a minor thing.

Although this is just an alpha it's already pretty addicting just still is lacking a few more features of course.

Here are a few tips for the gameplay:

Put Leonardo at the table and let him learn and only rest from time to time at the chair. Let Verrocchio do all the work and always place his work right next to the table so that Leonardo gets learning points from him. As soon as you can buy the better table and later the couch. This way Leonardo will quickly be as good as his mentor (or even better) and is prepared for Verrocchio's death. While still having 2 artists try to let Leonardo work as little as possible and only let me him help if time is short. Oh, and place the plant outside of the house it just takes away space. That got me to the end of the game. :)

This game is very special and has a strange kind of humour I enjoyed:
Alright, I spent my day cutting wood where I had to run away from bees! I spent an eternity on the loo, some time in the sauna. I tried to get the key on the toilet, but just couldn't, whatever I tried...
It got darker and I decided to mown the lawn. I heard noises from the forest! When I drove there to check I got my lawnmower stuck in a hurt deer while being chased by blonde ghost. I was puking like hell after drinking a whole bottle of booze and threw wood and a bucket at her, then trapped her in the bear trap. Did I mention that I was naked the whole time? That was my weekend, how was yours?

This game could need some secret medals I would try to find! I had fun playing with the things lieing around and experiment. I just loved the ideas like getting rid of the bees by jumping into the water, giving the lawnmower a few pulls until it starts and so on... The graphics are really good and funny. Man! I got scared at some point! When that creepy ghost slammed in the door, destroyed the bed and carried me away! And why would these ghosts constantly appear on the bridge, on the bed?

Some things in the game made me wonder what they could mean and raised my curiousity...

It seems like this game has a lot to fool around with and many tiny details to discover, however it completely lacks of any explanation and all the tasks seem to have no real point which makes it get boring easily.

Something I disliked were the pseudo-8bit graphic: The bench with the clothes aswell as the pump I got the water from, the trap and some little thing at the wall are blurry and have different resolutions. It's nothing big, but these tiny things already make it a little less perfect to me.

I also had a giant bug where I would turn into TWO rednecks when I destroyed the bee's nest, one got stuck in the water. The next time I got to that point I had the same bug again. The camera would follow one player but both would be able to pick up things... Maybe try to fix that?

Last but not least: The light effects are great, the sounds and music perfect, same for the atmosphere created. As I said the graphics are full of detail, for instance I was amazed the bed would actually be cracked by the ghost!

So all in all this is a splendid game I would say with lots of things to discover and also something unique! It reminds me of "The Room Tribute" it is nothing big though and gets boring too quickly when there seems to be nothing left to be discovered. Thanks, I enjoyed it! :) I will now try to get that damn key.

Hypnohustler responds:

Hey thanks for the lengthy review. :) I'm glad you enjoyed it mostly. I'll check into the bugs you mentioned.

Really cute! But way too short! I am just getting used to how the game works.... and it's over! Seems more like a very short demo of something interesting. The voice acting was great, didn't find any bugs and the art was really nice too.

I got a new favourite game studio!

Awesome! But I would love to have upgrades and levels or missions, some more to it than just this arcade thing, but that was great fun already! Having the planes chasing me, making a quick turn and destroying them all. I especially loved those details: the animations when you turned and the water effects, really cool!

Oh, how I hate this Musa guy... What a unique game! The graphics are amazing, I really enjoyed this game a lot!

Awesome plot! Would have never thought that some plain text and a simple simulation could excite me that much! Great job! But don't you think that medals would suit this game perfectly?

Julian @Schulles