View Profile Schulles

5 Movie Reviews

He kind of has a point I guess. Oh, and good job on the Guitar Pro music! ;)

Simply amazing! The music is heart-warming!

I loved it! Can't wait for more! :)

tylerghardin responds:

awesome! thanks!

17 Game Reviews

Controls are so awkward: for example why not put jumping on up? And when I talked to the developer the dialog-continue-button seemed to change just after I had succesfully figured that one out earlier.. The little art there is doesn't really fit together either. Fighting felt pretty neat though and I see some potential here.

olivecrow responds:

Thank you for your feedback! It's the game based on mobile, so I made the jump and the move pressed with different hands. But on keyboard, using up to jump would be better. I'm going to make a setup for jumping with the Up soon, but it'll take some time because updates that can be applied to mobile versions are a priority.

The gameplay and the graphics are perfect. I really liked the whole idea!

The fact that when you held the spacebar the guy would jump a second time automatically when hitting the ground again was a bit annoying.
Unfortunately the music was recorded very poorly, the guitars sounded out of tune and the cajon had a terrible timing, but that's just a minor thing.

Although this is just an alpha it's already pretty addicting just still is lacking a few more features of course.

Here are a few tips for the gameplay:

Put Leonardo at the table and let him learn and only rest from time to time at the chair. Let Verrocchio do all the work and always place his work right next to the table so that Leonardo gets learning points from him. As soon as you can buy the better table and later the couch. This way Leonardo will quickly be as good as his mentor (or even better) and is prepared for Verrocchio's death. While still having 2 artists try to let Leonardo work as little as possible and only let me him help if time is short. Oh, and place the plant outside of the house it just takes away space. That got me to the end of the game. :)

2 Audio Reviews

Goosebumps! The vocals are amazing and the text is heartwarming. Singing reminded me of Dave Grohl a lot. Awesome!

RealFaction responds:

that is such a compliment :) i dont see how dave xD but thank you!

Sounds very random to me... To be honest I don't like it at all, especially the bass makes it get annoying in a second. It could need more structure and maybe slow it down a bit. Hope I don't sound too harsh here. The looping was good though and not noticable at all.

6 Art Reviews

That's sweet! I would have really liked to read through that program and that's pretty stunning to me. :)

zortharg responds:

Actually you can. It's right here:

Make SURE to (not only have matlab on your computer but also) have loads of RAM on your computer. The one that crashed my computer (the real downfall is probably that I told it to delete all but the most recent system restore copies to free up hard drive space so the pagefile would have more space WHILE it was already running) that generates a series of frames with random parameters:

I could have saved some RAM in that, because it doesn't do the rotation, but it still does what the earlier version did: it calculates the fractal over a larger area than the final frame, so that it can rotate it in a circle and only keep the final inscribed rectangle (so it does more than it needs to do and also wastes some processing power, since it only keeps the rectangle inscribed in the circle inscribed in the original rectangular area and that's not necessary if it's not being rotated) but I didn't want to change the number of pixels because that would change the brightness of the image as it involves a 2-d fourier transform and I didn't remember whether I set it up in such a way that it would be twice as bright if half the size or not. The original was done on my 1 GB RAM XP computer and the catastrophic failure on my 512 MB RAM Vista computer. Naturally if I had known what would happen I would have just put one of the 512 RAM sticks from the one computer into the other and saved a whole lot of pain and misery.

You can also see the animation that comes about from the rotation of the fractal to various degrees here:

The image you see here is simply frame #138 in that. You'll see the number hard-coded into the program in the first link, but it used to be a for loop that went from 0 to something like 300 or so, 138 was just my favorite, but you can change that number 138 in the code to something else to rotate it different amounts (the swirl effect in the middle).

Beautiful! But what is the advantage of using ANSi instead of an everyday painting program? Despite the fact that it is impressive as hell.

enzob7 responds:

Thank you! Well, there's no advantage at all. It's a hobby. :)

Good job! I especially like the way it's holding its paws and the whole artstyle you were able to create from digital art? Pretty cool I would say!

Julian @Schulles