Xbox 1 VS Playstation 1 Xbox 1 VS Playstation 1

He kind of has a point I guess. Oh, and good job on the Guitar Pro music! ;)

Campfire Campfire

Simply amazing! The music is heart-warming!

an awkward situation. an awkward situation.

I loved it! Can't wait for more! :)

tylerghardin responds:

awesome! thanks!

Alex Alex

The gameplay and the graphics are perfect. I really liked the whole idea!

The fact that when you held the spacebar the guy would jump a second time automatically when hitting the ground again was a bit annoying.
Unfortunately the music was recorded very poorly, the guitars sounded out of tune and the cajon had a terrible timing, but that's just a minor thing.

Painters Guild (Alpha) Painters Guild (Alpha)

Although this is just an alpha it's already pretty addicting just still is lacking a few more features of course.

Here are a few tips for the gameplay:

Put Leonardo at the table and let him learn and only rest from time to time at the chair. Let Verrocchio do all the work and always place his work right next to the table so that Leonardo gets learning points from him. As soon as you can buy the better table and later the couch. This way Leonardo will quickly be as good as his mentor (or even better) and is prepared for Verrocchio's death. While still having 2 artists try to let Leonardo work as little as possible and only let me him help if time is short. Oh, and place the plant outside of the house it just takes away space. That got me to the end of the game. :)

Lakeview Cabin Lakeview Cabin

This game is very special and has a strange kind of humour I enjoyed:
Alright, I spent my day cutting wood where I had to run away from bees! I spent an eternity on the loo, some time in the sauna. I tried to get the key on the toilet, but just couldn't, whatever I tried...
It got darker and I decided to mown the lawn. I heard noises from the forest! When I drove there to check I got my lawnmower stuck in a hurt deer while being chased by blonde ghost. I was puking like hell after drinking a whole bottle of booze and threw wood and a bucket at her, then trapped her in the bear trap. Did I mention that I was naked the whole time? That was my weekend, how was yours?

This game could need some secret medals I would try to find! I had fun playing with the things lieing around and experiment. I just loved the ideas like getting rid of the bees by jumping into the water, giving the lawnmower a few pulls until it starts and so on... The graphics are really good and funny. Man! I got scared at some point! When that creepy ghost slammed in the door, destroyed the bed and carried me away! And why would these ghosts constantly appear on the bridge, on the bed?

Some things in the game made me wonder what they could mean and raised my curiousity...

It seems like this game has a lot to fool around with and many tiny details to discover, however it completely lacks of any explanation and all the tasks seem to have no real point which makes it get boring easily.

Something I disliked were the pseudo-8bit graphic: The bench with the clothes aswell as the pump I got the water from, the trap and some little thing at the wall are blurry and have different resolutions. It's nothing big, but these tiny things already make it a little less perfect to me.

I also had a giant bug where I would turn into TWO rednecks when I destroyed the bee's nest, one got stuck in the water. The next time I got to that point I had the same bug again. The camera would follow one player but both would be able to pick up things... Maybe try to fix that?

Last but not least: The light effects are great, the sounds and music perfect, same for the atmosphere created. As I said the graphics are full of detail, for instance I was amazed the bed would actually be cracked by the ghost!

So all in all this is a splendid game I would say with lots of things to discover and also something unique! It reminds me of "The Room Tribute" it is nothing big though and gets boring too quickly when there seems to be nothing left to be discovered. Thanks, I enjoyed it! :) I will now try to get that damn key.

Hypnohustler responds:

Hey thanks for the lengthy review. :) I'm glad you enjoyed it mostly. I'll check into the bugs you mentioned.

All is Good in My World All is Good in My World

Goosebumps! The vocals are amazing and the text is heartwarming. Singing reminded me of Dave Grohl a lot. Awesome!

RealFaction responds:

that is such a compliment :) i dont see how dave xD but thank you!

My Lightning Embrace My Lightning Embrace

Sounds very random to me... To be honest I don't like it at all, especially the bass makes it get annoying in a second. It could need more structure and maybe slow it down a bit. Hope I don't sound too harsh here. The looping was good though and not noticable at all.

fractal swirl fractal swirl

That's sweet! I would have really liked to read through that program and that's pretty stunning to me. :)

zortharg responds:

Actually you can. It's right here:

Make SURE to (not only have matlab on your computer but also) have loads of RAM on your computer. The one that crashed my computer (the real downfall is probably that I told it to delete all but the most recent system restore copies to free up hard drive space so the pagefile would have more space WHILE it was already running) that generates a series of frames with random parameters:

I could have saved some RAM in that, because it doesn't do the rotation, but it still does what the earlier version did: it calculates the fractal over a larger area than the final frame, so that it can rotate it in a circle and only keep the final inscribed rectangle (so it does more than it needs to do and also wastes some processing power, since it only keeps the rectangle inscribed in the circle inscribed in the original rectangular area and that's not necessary if it's not being rotated) but I didn't want to change the number of pixels because that would change the brightness of the image as it involves a 2-d fourier transform and I didn't remember whether I set it up in such a way that it would be twice as bright if half the size or not. The original was done on my 1 GB RAM XP computer and the catastrophic failure on my 512 MB RAM Vista computer. Naturally if I had known what would happen I would have just put one of the 512 RAM sticks from the one computer into the other and saved a whole lot of pain and misery.

You can also see the animation that comes about from the rotation of the fractal to various degrees here:

The image you see here is simply frame #138 in that. You'll see the number hard-coded into the program in the first link, but it used to be a for loop that went from 0 to something like 300 or so, 138 was just my favorite, but you can change that number 138 in the code to something else to rotate it different amounts (the swirl effect in the middle).

we-Oz we-Oz

Beautiful! But what is the advantage of using ANSi instead of an everyday painting program? Despite the fact that it is impressive as hell.

enzob7 responds:

Thank you! Well, there's no advantage at all. It's a hobby. :)

Rat Rat

Good job! I especially like the way it's holding its paws and the whole artstyle you were able to create from digital art? Pretty cool I would say!